STEPS FOR SENDING YOUR REEL / ROD IN FOR WARRANTY
- Package the reel(s) up in a box, include copy of receipt if at all possible. If sending in a rod we only the 6-8″ section of rod above the handle with the rod description and code on it.
- Include a note with all of your contact information (name, mailing address, email address, phone number…etc). On the note, describe in as much detail as possible what the problem is
- If shipping from anywhere outside of Canada:
On the outside of the box clearly mark “REELS TO BE REPAIRED AND RETURNED TO USA (or whatever country you are from)!” in AT LEAST THREE SPOTS!
This is very important so that the package can cross the border without any additional brokerage and customs fees
- Take the package to your local post office to ship. DO NOT SHIP THROUGH UPS OR FEDEX!! Any packages sent this method will be returned unless prior arrangements have been made. The reason for this is that both UPS and Fedex charge $40+ in customs fees for any package to cross the border. Please ship through the United States Postal Service or Canada Post ONLY. We also recommend that you add tracking and insurance to the package.
- Ship the package to:
THE REEL DOCTOR
#3, 5408 – 53 AVE
T6B 3K1 CANADA
- You will be notified by email once the package arrives if you request that service.
- Once the reel(s) have been assessed, we will contact you via phone for payment. Payment can be made by Visa/Mastercard over the phone, PayPal (secure online credit card payments), or by International Money Order if any payment is required.
– See more at: http://www.reeldr.com/home/?page_id=2858#sthash.eGixfWKt.dpuf